Phd Hosting Agreement

The accommodation contract can be concluded for short stays (maximum 90 days) or longer stays (more than 3 months). Foreign nationals who are not required to apply for a short-stay visa for stays of less than 3 months in France must obtain a reception agreement in order to work in France for their teaching or research stay. > Please note that only higher education institutions and certain accredited bodies are entitled to comply with accommodation agreements. If you have a “researcher-talent” visa, or a residence permit, you can maintain the position defined in the accommodation agreement without the prior approval of the Regional Directorate of Business, Competition, Consumer Affairs, Labour and Employment (Direccte – Regional Ministry of Competition, Consumer Affairs, Labour and Employment). Your host laboratory will send you a hosting agreement: beware! PhD students enrolled in a French university, but who do not have an employment contract or reception agreement at the reception research centre, must apply for “student” status. Once the agreement is signed, you can start the application process for your “scientific” visa. After receiving the welcome agreement completed and signed, the Office of International Relations sends them to the prefecture of Bouche-du-Rhéne for registration. The host structure establishes a welcoming agreement and confirms it, which it sends to the Office of International Relations, which must be signed by the Vice-President in charge of international relations. The host research laboratory must enter into a new hosting agreement and provide confirmation.

If your previous residence permit is about to expire, you will request a suite in time. It may take several months to process the application. Also check by MIGRI if a new accommodation agreement is needed. The research “scientific-researcher residence permit” is granted by the prefecture when the long-stay scientific-researcher visa expires at the end of the first year in France. It allows its holder to carry out his research and teaching activities in France under the reception agreement. This authorization is valid for a period of 1 to 4 years. The prefecture rarely extends beyond 4 years. Renewal must be requested 2 months before the expiry of the researcher visa.

To obtain a “scientific” visa from the French consulate or the French embassy in their country of residence/country of origin, researchers and researchers must provide proof of an admission agreement with the University of Aix-Marseille (AMU).